[TYPO3-english] reorganizing files in file list

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Dec 29 00:38:11 CET 2011

Hi Jan,

> I have a rather old installation of typo3 (v 4.1.1) that runs this
> page: http://www.cerklje.si

You should not give that many details for a website running an insecure
version of TYPO3...

> There are many regular content pages on that page, and many pages link
> to files stored in the filelist. Those links are made as absolute URLs
> (http://www.cerklje.si/fileadmin/...).
> What I would like to do is organize my filelist (move files around)
> but I don't know if there is any way to update the links to the files
> automatically. Otherwise I would have to hunt down every link and
> update it manually.

IIRC, extension t3filelist is an example of what you are looking for.
Unfortunately it does not come with a documentation (huge lack!) and I
hardly can remember having tested it but I'm quite sure I heard of it as
a good way to achieve that. Did not check if it would run on TYPO3 4.1
though...

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers