[TYPO3-english] integrating xml output into a typo3 site, how?

Stefan Kaufmann kaufmann at dwwd.ch
Wed Dec 28 18:00:46 CET 2011

Dear Reader,

I am trying to integrate xml data (Aviation Weather) into a Typo3
webpage. The xml data is produced by a server when the following request
is made:

http://weather.aero/dataserver_current/httpparam?dataSource=metars&requestType=retrieve&format=xml&stationString=KDEN%20KSEA,PHNL&hoursBeforeNow=2

This outputs the weather of some airports in the US as xml data.

I would like to use this data and fetch it so that it is displayed on my
website. BTW, the data is not copyrighted and freely available.

What would be the best way to achieve this?
I would like to use a form where the user enters the airport identifier
and then the weather is retrieved by using the xml output above.

Can someone point me into the right direction?

Is there an extension that woulld help? e.g. formhandler?
Would I need so me php code to get the xml?
How do I integrate it all into the webform?

Thanks.

-
Stefan