[TYPO3-english] News system (ext: news) previous-next pagination for detailed view

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Fri Dec 23 13:12:03 CET 2011

Hi, Jigal.

> For practical reasons I used a somewhat odd solution: the list view stored
> a list of record uids (max. 500 in this case) in the TYPO3 session data
> together with the page id. This page id was also transferred to the single
> view.
> The next/prev links could easily use this list of records uids to
> navigate.

Developer's thoughts are mostly same :)
I've once developed an extension (not based on tt_news, but custom one),
which also had list and single view, and it was required to have prev-next
navigation in single view. Moreover, on of list views was search result. And
there were more, than one list on a page. So, I also solved this by storing
list of uids in a session, but they were bound not to page id (since, we
could have more, than one list on a page), but to uid of content element,
which renders a list.

But, yes, this solution had the same problem - if session expires, no more
prev-next navigation for a single view. And one additional problem: if
plugin was inserted via TS (not like normal CE), then it was not possible to
get the uid of CE to bound the uid list, so also no previous-next
navigations for a single view of such lists. But it has an advantage as
well: since you have uid of list CE in your single view, you can get all the
settings of that CE, if needed.

So, talking about the subject, such a solution may be a temporary, since it
will not work in all the cases, but it is quite quick.