[TYPO3-english] News system (ext: news) previous-next pagination for detailed view

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Fri Dec 23 10:10:07 CET 2011

Am 23.12.2011 10:03, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> You solved that part of the next/prev problem already in one of your
> extensions for tt_news.

I tried to but all settings of list view need to be done again in the
detail view plugin which is not possible in ext:news as i hide those
settings because of usability reasons.

furthermore, as said already, this works only then for 1 kind of list view.

> If there is no session data available then you obviously didn't visit
> the page coming from a list view. So there is no context of any
> selection, ordering, etc. You could retrieve your own list of records
> based on TS settings or just have no prev/next.

and this retrieval based on custom ts settings is the one which is not
really possible, see reasons in previous posting.

> It almost sounds as you don't want anything like prev/next links. If
> that is the case then just say so... You're clever enough to solve this
> if you really wanted it.

trust me: this is certainly a nice feature but as told twice, I got no
idea how to solve it when there is no session available, maybe even a
static variant of the website because a single news record knows nothing
about its prev/next record.

but to be honest: i don't think this is the most needed feature,
therefore I concentrate on others

Georg