[TYPO3-english] News system (ext: news) previous-next pagination for detailed view

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 23 10:03:29 CET 2011

Hi Georg,

On 23-12-2011 9:18, Georg Ringer wrote:
> Am 23.12.2011 08:47, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> For practical reasons I used a somewhat odd solution: the list view
>> stored a list of record uids (max. 500 in this case) in the TYPO3
>> session data together with the page id. This page id was also
>> transferred to the single view.
>
> and what if a user gets to the single view by google or a bookmark? no
> session available.

You solved that part of the next/prev problem already in one of your
extensions for tt_news.

If there is no session data available then you obviously didn't visit
the page coming from a list view. So there is no context of any
selection, ordering, etc. You could retrieve your own list of records
based on TS settings or just have no prev/next.

> no way to go for me

It almost sounds as you don't want anything like prev/next links. If
that is the case then just say so... You're clever enough to solve this
if you really wanted it.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.