[TYPO3-english] News system (ext: news) previous-next pagination for detailed view

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 23 08:47:39 CET 2011

Hi,

On 23-12-2011 7:55, Georg Ringer wrote:
> I have thought about this feature and IMO is this feature not doable for
> 100%.

I once had to do this, based on tt_news. Fortunately we had to make the
list views ourselves because they needed to have facets for selections
and sorting, and the expectation was that the next/previous link would
take these into consideration.

For practical reasons I used a somewhat odd solution: the list view
stored a list of record uids (max. 500 in this case) in the TYPO3
session data together with the page id. This page id was also
transferred to the single view.
The next/prev links could easily use this list of records uids to navigate.

This is not the ultimate solution, but a compromise between storage
requirements (list of uids in session data), speed (precalculated list
of records) and flexibility (no knowledge about how the list was made in
the prev/next part).

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.