[TYPO3-english] Whatever - was: DirectMail Subscription Replacement?

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Fri Dec 23 08:08:03 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 23.12.2011 04:41, schrieb Andi:
> often good solutions dont get integrated because they dont seem to be supported by the core team!

they don't get integrated because most things don'T belong to the core.
this should be a smaller place and for me I would *hate* to have the
news extension in the core because it means I can just deliver with a
core release, can't have sometimes a bit buggier code in the master and
so on

> Why not trying out another new model of social sponsoring incl maintenance guarantee contract for 3-5 years at least?

you can't force a community. I won't sign such a contract for news
either. In 5 years, I guess I have kids and maybe not that much time for
TYPO3, ... maybe ..

> Imho to many extensions get developpwd with nearly the same featuresets. a waste of time! Much better would be to have dedicated teams i. e login registration subscription

Hm... I hardly use extensions from TER because they are most time to
limiting and I do it myself again. (most of the time not published
because too customer related)

> get the news out with cyberhouse and georg. dont waste time in improving ttnews

tt_news still got some feature which ext:news doesn't but for me (and
many others) it is the far better choice. Still: Many extensions depend
on the swiss knife and extended it, it is not that easy to switch then
to something different.

just to get that right: ext:news has nothing to do with the company I am
working at.

and yes: paid support is a perfect thing to help!

back to direct_mail / registration: most of us use at least direct_mail.
what about a code sprint next year and make it better? someone got a room?

Georg