[TYPO3-english] News system (ext: news) previous-next pagination for detailed view

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Fri Dec 23 07:55:26 CET 2011

Hi Victor,

I have thought about this feature and IMO is this feature not doable for
100%.

Let me explain that a bit further: The detail view got only 1 single
information via GET parameter and this is the ID of the news record,
nothing else. To achieve the pagination, it would need *all* other
information which are saved in the list view only (startingpoint, which
archive mode, ...) but also information which can be dynamic in the list
view too, like grouping by category. Only after having all of this
information available, it would be possible to make a pagination.

More problems: 2 (or more) totally different configured list views can
use the *same* detail view. so it will get even harder.

I doubt that all this is considered in tt_news.

Georg