[TYPO3-english] Whatever - was: DirectMail Subscription Replacement?

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Thu Dec 22 14:08:45 CET 2011

> I think too many projects fail, because active people are part of too
> many teams and are not focused enough - instead of doing less jobs, but
> doing them very well.

The typo3.org relaunch is another example! One (very active) asked
during a core team meeting, why not more from the team helped with that.
I played with that thought, but thought that it would be very bad to
have another big project.

Attracting new people and inviting them for a week was a good decision.
Hey.. they built websites every day, so it can't be so hard to find them
(one might think..)
Unfortunately (to my knowledge) many of them now just don't have time to
continue their community work, thus this project is again progressing
very slowly. They seem to not want to spend so much of their spare time
for TYPO3, which is - of course - okay, as it's everybody's personal
decision.

Kind regards
Steffen

--