[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 diff

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Wed Dec 21 23:33:01 CET 2011

Hi Jan,

I already suggested that some time ago and just talked to Steffen Gebert yesterday.
The problem we are facing is that these diff packages are not able to remove deleted files.
It would require writing some sort of update script with additional meta infos which takes care of these file deletions.

I face the same issue as you do. I don't know the GIT command by heart, because I usually use TortoiseGit for this.
All you have to do is:
- Select the last release commit and the current release commit for direct comparison
- Select all listed files and use the export function from the context menu.

This exports the files with the correct directory structure.
Be aware that you have to look for deleted files in this diff list and delete them manually.

Kind regards
Markus