[TYPO3-english] TYPO3-generared image file sizes larger on one server than on other - same installations

Roel Krottje remobots at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 23:05:44 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

Hope someone can help me out with this tough cookie.

I have two identical website TYPO3 installations with exactly the same
localconf / TYPO3 settings.. I even have the same ImageMagick on both
servers. One website is on CentOS and the other one on Ubuntu 0 this is the
only difference as far as I can figure out.. However, and this is really
odd, the images generated by TYPO3 (via gblib I assume) are much larger (2
x bigger) on one server compared to the other..

Now I am guessing that this has something to do with the settings of gblib
and/or php, but I can't really figure out where I can change any of these
values..

Anybody got a clue?

Here's the localconf image settings I use (on both installations)..

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['gdlib_png'] = '1'; //  Modified or inserted by
TYPO3 Install Tool.
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_jpg_quality'] = '85'; //  Modified or inserted
by TYPO3 Install Tool.
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['gif_compress'] = '0'; //  Modified or inserted by
TYPO3 Install Tool.
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['png_truecolor'] = '1'; //  Modified or inserted by
TYPO3 Install Tool.

These settings produce completely different image file sizes (same images /
source images!) on my two servers.. (i.e. 36 kb compared to 150 kb - same
image!)..

Thanks for any help/info about this..!

Best regards,
Roel Krottje