[TYPO3-english] Typo3 4.5.3 intranet relaunch, what else should I consider?

Floy Mark (LEWISHAM HEALTHCARE NHS TRUST) mark.floy at nhs.net
Tue Dec 20 15:12:25 CET 2011

Thanks for your thoughts Oliver.

Tough break with that bulb, guess I'm just looking for any suggestions coming out of past experience...

Our project board discussed bringing in an external consultant, but decided it would take too long for a re-launch as user anticipation is pretty high.

Caching, MemcacheD did not give me the benefits I expected, had to reverse it out in the end.

Are there any specific Apache modules I could probably discard?

At the start of the project we installed the DB and Web functions onto distinct machines on our virtual environment.

Regards,
Mark