[TYPO3-english] tt_news category selector in backend buggy?

N3 info at netzhochdrei.net
Tue Dec 20 05:10:00 CET 2011

Hi,

I am experiencing strange behavior of the tt_news category selector in the
backend. It should on the first level only show my parent categories and
nested in those the subcategories, right? But some subcategories are also in
the parent tree. Plus the tree shows a maximum of 13 parent categories .
Anyone else ever seen this? I'm logged in as admin, cleared the cache
several times, did a compare database - all is fine - and had a look at the
tt_news_cat table - all is fine there as well. I currently have 30
categories but might have to expand later. No browser cache issue either, I
tried different browsers. I even cleared the whole tt_news table and rebuilt
it from scratch, same behavior again.

TYPO3 4.5.2 and 4.5.9, tt_news 3.0.0 and 3.0.1

I'm lost - anyone with a hint?

Thanks

Jan