[TYPO3-english] SOLVED Extensions go blank in BE after upgrade

yanagik317 at netscape.net yanagik317 at netscape.net
Fri Dec 16 05:16:41 CET 2011

Bah, two strikes on me.

PHP was configured to log to a file but the destination directory
didn't exist.  Once created, it became apparent what the problem was.
I had a soft link named /docroot/typo3conf pointing to
/not/a/docroot/typo3conf, and the extensions were basically trying to
include /not/a/docroot/typo3/init.php, which didn't exist.  Once fixed,
all the extensions became lively in BE.

Testing upgrading from 4.2.12 to 4.4.12.  I'm encouraged by otherwise
good results so far despite skipping 4.3, if anyone finds this of
interest.

Thanks to those that replied.

--Koji