[TYPO3-english] sr_feuser_register and admin review

Oliver Salzburg kinggencha at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:18:04 CET 2011

On 2011-12-15 09:47, Katja Lampela wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 15.12.2011 10:43, Oliver Salzburg kirjoitti:
>> If I remember correctly, both things have to happen.
>> The admin approves the user, but the user still has to activate the
>> account. The first step is to allow the user into the system, the second
>> step is still in place to confirm the email address.
>>
>> Does that make any sense?
>
> Yes. The procedure seems to go like this:
> 1. registration -> 2. confirm mail to registrator + confirmation -> 3.
> confirm mail to admin
>
> and that last step should activate (clicking the approve registration
> link) the registration, but it doesnt.
>
> If I disable the review process the second step already activates the
> registration.

Whenever there is email in play, I triple-check all email addresses and
especially sender/recipient names (if available to set). I've had tons
of issues where email addresses won't validate with swiftmailer and the
extension fails (sometimes silently). Same goes for reply-to addresses.

As a sidenote, if it is an option, I replaced sr_feuser_register with
datamints_feuser in my installation. Might be a valid option as well if
all else fails.

Cheers

Oliver