[TYPO3-english] Accent insentive on INDEXED SEARCH

Oliver Salzburg kinggencha at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 14 12:43:31 CET 2011

On 2011-12-13 18:59, Javier Moñiz wrote:
> The search at my web doesn't find the same number of results when i
> search a phrase with french accents , for example a research for the
> word methodes , gives back one result, but if i search for the word
> méthodes i get back 26 results.
> My database was forcely set from latinswidish to utg8_general_ci and
> also the fields at the table.
> I´ve tried to force UTF8 from instalation panel
> ([BE][forceCharset])but as i do this i get weird square caracters at
> the website , all the rest is peacefully set at utf8 with no problems.
> I obviusly had to unset the [BE][forceCharset] on utf-8.
>
> I am close to desperate with no more ideas on mind. If someone has
> gone through this inferno i would apreciate a word from. Any help or
> idea is welcome.
> Thanks

I'm pretty sure someone recently had a similar problem on this list.
Dmitry Dulepov (if I remember correctly) suggested that the MySQL
collation should be adjusted to make MySQL treat "é" as "e" in string
matching operations.
I don't recall the details but maybe this sends you in the right
direction.

Cheers