[TYPO3-english] RealURL + tt_news + valueMap + noMatch

Andy Pattynama andy.pattynama at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:40:33 CET 2011

Hi there

I have a Realurl configuration where in the postVarSets, following is
configured:

------
array(
'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[sViewPointer]',

                                    'valueMap' => array(
'2' => '1',
'3' => '2',
etc. goes on until '40' => '39'
),
'noMatch' => 'bypass'
-------

This is only for aesthetic reasons, so page.com/article/the-title/2 goes to
page 2. This works well for the 2+ pages in a multi-page article. The
problem with single-page articles is that they don't get cached. The reason
for this is, after some hours of debugging, that the cHash is incorrect.
When I click on a single-page article, the tx_ttnews[sViewPointer] var is
set to "" (empty string). I also tried 'noMatch' => 'null' but the
sViewPointer-var still comes as empty string.

Now my question is: how can I totally eliminate the sViewPointer variable,
if it's empty?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Andy