[TYPO3-english] Publish date: date and time

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Mon Dec 12 18:07:49 CET 2011

On 12.12.11 17:48, Gregory Loichot wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
> Just for my knowledge... why is it impossible to flush cache when
> publishing a page with a publish date ?

Problem is that there was no information available at the point of
creating the cache entry, how long the content is valid. TYPO3 simply
doesn't know, what records are included in a the content rendered for a
site, in case of rendering happens through a custom plugin (from an
extension). Thus you still have to specify the record sources even in
4.6, while pages and tt_content work out of the box, as they provide
their minimum lifetime back to TSFE.

Of course, you can flush cache manually at the given point of time, then
it would work - but I guess that's not what you're looking for ;)

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert