[TYPO3-english] Good Hosting company for Typo3

Alessandro Tuveri at at uniud.it
Mon Dec 12 10:20:42 CET 2011

Yep
at the end I bought VPS on CLOUD: http://www.host1plus.com
offices are in UK and USA, but VPS are spread in the world, Singapore too.
Eventually check if a VPS in Singapore can satisfy your needings.
Do some ping tests.
On my experience here in Italy there are many web agency that bought
VPS/hosting on cloud in USA. I tried to investigate and discovered
that this sites are almost static type and the speed test high.
TYPO3 needs a good server and you customer should to know that a low
cost hosting for static site cannot be compared with dynamic
(php/mysql) site, then TYPO3 hosting should cost more than e normal
site.

Quoting Richard Davies <richard at ocular.co.nz>:

> Hi Derik,
>
> You are right, hosting is highly expensive in New Zealand. It doesn't have
> big datacenters and bandwidth costs a LOT. We are a small company that, as
> well as many other things, develops Typo3 websites in Wellington. We have a
> server in Taranaki that we run our sites out of, I doubt we'd be able to
> give you a good rate, but you can try to negotiate something with the
> owner: results at ocular.co.nz.
>
> Otherwise, http://www.openhost.co.nz/ charge 6.99 a month, which sounds
> very good (for New Zealand standards).
> http://www.webbase.co.nz/webhosting/are at 8.95 a month (unlimited
> traffic). They both only have 500 meg space
> but I'd imagine your site doesn't need that much for hosting. You'd have to
> find out if they support all the things Typo3 needs (imgMagick etc). There
> are many more hosting sites out there in New Zealand. Alessandro is right,
> a delay on the backend is frustrating, and if you want to host a commercial
> site you'd want to be in the country. I'd be interested to know how it
> works out for you.
>
> Richard
>
> On 12 December 2011 09:09, Alessandro Tuveri <at at uniud.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>> on my experience it is very important the speed parameter. If your
>> customers feels the web very slow they are annoyed at the end.
>> The login process in the BE often is very slow and if the site goes slow
>> this is not a good choice.
>> Recently I migrated some sites from a VPS located in Italy, where I
>> reside, to a new VPS located in Germany. Before I made some speed test
>> using ping several times and verified that the two servers (OLD and NEW)
>> respond in the same way.
>> Finally I bought the new service for one month only. Before a tried
>> another VPS locate in Austria but 50% lower in speed. So I transfered one
>> site in the NEW VPS (German) to test if all is ok.
>> I believe that the best way to migrate your site is to:
>> * buy a sever for one month
>> * try it
>> * migrate 1-3 hosts and then verify if all is ok
>>
>> Best way for me is to buy a VPS on CLOUD, so that was my choice, I tested
>> and found some TYPO3 hosting services, but nobody ensure some services
>> (some are slow) like php version, updates (typo3/extensions, etc.) so i
>> prefer to host my customers directly on my own VPS.
>> Before I had a VPS not expandible, not scalable, this is bad ad it is not
>> a good solution.

>> ALESSANDRO TUVERI

>> AREA SERVIZI INFORMATICI E MULTIMEDIALI
>> Servizi WEeb d'Ateneo