[TYPO3-english] Good Hosting company for Typo3

Alessandro Tuveri at at uniud.it
Sun Dec 11 21:09:15 CET 2011

Hi Folks,
on my experience it is very important the speed parameter. If your
customers feels the web very slow they are annoyed at the end.
The login process in the BE often is very slow and if the site goes
slow this is not a good choice.
Recently I migrated some sites from a VPS located in Italy, where I
reside, to a new VPS located in Germany. Before I made some speed test
using ping several times and verified that the two servers (OLD and
NEW) respond in the same way.
Finally I bought the new service for one month only. Before a tried
another VPS locate in Austria but 50% lower in speed. So I transfered
one site in the NEW VPS (German) to test if all is ok.
I believe that the best way to migrate your site is to:
* buy a sever for one month
* try it
* migrate 1-3 hosts and then verify if all is ok

Best way for me is to buy a VPS on CLOUD, so that was my choice, I
tested and found some TYPO3 hosting services, but nobody ensure some
services (some are slow) like php version, updates (typo3/extensions,
etc.) so i prefer to host my customers directly on my own VPS.
Before I had a VPS not expandible, not scalable, this is bad ad it is
not a good solution.

> On 11/12/2011 9:25 p.m., Mark Kuiphuis wrote:
>> Whereabouts are you looking of getting hosting? For SEO and speed
>> purposes it is important to host your site in the geographical area
>> of where you/your customers are located....
>>
>> Cheers, Mark
>>
>> On 11/12/11 6:05 PM, Derik Kotze wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a good (not to expensive ;-) ) hosting company who
>>> don't have a
>>> problem hosting Typo3. I've had heaps of problems with our current
>>> host trying to get
>>> everything to work and decided it will be probably better to move
>>> to another host. I
>>> obviously do not want to make the same mistakes again and was
>>> wondering if any of you
>>> could maybe help me with any suggestions please.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

ALESSANDRO TUVERI

AREA SERVIZI INFORMATICI E MULTIMEDIALI
Servizi WEeb d'Ateneo