[TYPO3-english] Could not rename fields in Install Tool

Boris Gulay boris at boressoft.ru
Fri Dec 9 14:28:20 CET 2011

I'm using Postgres as database backend. I've upgraded from 4.4 to 4.5.
In database analyser I found some unused column from removed extensions.
When I try to run renames for that columns I see the error:

Oops, an error occured!
ERROR: Query could not be parsed: "SQL engine parse ERROR: Field type
unknown in parseFieldDef()!: near "(255) default '' "". Query: "ALTER
TABLE be_groups CHANGE tx_dam_mountpoints zzz_deleted_tx_dam_mountpoints
(255) default '';"

From the query text I see that datatype for column is missing. Is is a bug?