[TYPO3-english] Backend live search / searchFields problem

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Fri Dec 9 13:14:32 CET 2011

Hi everyone

Starting with TYPO3 4.6, tables that need to be searchable by live
search must be explicitly defined in TCA.

That's what I did in an extension, so the according part of the TCA
looks like this

$TCA['tx_artbase_domain_model_artist']['searchFields'] =
'last_name,first_name,email1,email2';

According to Admin Tools/Configuration, everything is fine (looks
identical to the definition of e.g. fe_users), all caches are cleared
and still I don't find a record by one of the fields.

The only way to get a result of this table is entering the uid of an
existing record, then a result is displayed. But if I enter a name of an
e-mail address, I get no results.

Any hints that could help me?

Thanks,

Lorenz