[TYPO3-english] tt_news: Additionalparams not working with ext_url ?

Søren Madsen sma at science.au.dk
Thu Dec 8 10:16:11 CET 2011

I can see that this question has been posed a few times before, but is left unanswered - but I'm crossing my fingers that somebody can answer this:

I'm trying to attach parameters to news records of the type ext_url with the following:

10.2 = TEXT
	10.2 {
            field = title
            stdWrap.typolink {
              parameter.field = ext_url
              additionalParams = &utm_source=typo3&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign={page:title}
              additionalParams.insertData = 1
            }
         }

(This works fine if parameter.field = page or regular tt_news record item)

Can someone explain to me why - and/or even better answer the question: How do I attach parameters to external URL's from tt_news records?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Kind regards - Søren Madsen