[TYPO3-english] Facebook connect

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Thu Dec 8 00:29:03 CET 2011

Hi Jan

I'm currently looking for the same functionality. But Facebook only is
not enough. Steffen Ritter pointed me to the service www.janrain.com and
I'm thinking about creating a small extension that uses this service.

But indeed dix_easylogin looks promising. The check for duplicate
usernames is on the todo list in the manual, so you're right: It's not
yet implemented. But since the extension seems to be maintained, maybe
you would help out with that code or ask the author to do it.

Best regards,

Lorenz