[TYPO3-english] Release date for Typo3 5.0

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Wed Dec 7 09:42:11 CET 2011

Hi,

> Is the release date for Typo3 5.0 public? I do not see any 5.0
> releases listed on the packages and releases page so I suspect that it
> is not currently available for public.
There is no fixed release date for the thing called "TYPO3 Phoenix" at
the moment. There's still a lot to do.

See
http://buzz.typo3.org/people/sebastian/article/typo3-phoenix-status-update/
for the latest news article.
The guys are working diligent, but it still takes some time. Expect it
not being fully usable (in production) before 2013.

> I specifically want to use the PHPCR integration which is proposed in Typo3 5.0.
The implementation of a JCR-283 content repository (or what number it
was) was not done as straightforward as it was planned, as they realized
that you can't port a Java spec 1:1 into PHP world. But the main
concepts behind are indeed taken from it.

What you can use ATM is the FLOW3 framework, based on that the new CMS
will be built: http://flow3.typo3.org/

You find all talks from this year's two TYPO3 conferences on Vimeo.
http://vimeo.com/typo3videos
There are several talks about FLOW3 the new CMS.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert