[TYPO3-english] linkVars: [ ] characters in the GET variable names

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 4 08:12:42 CET 2011

Hi,

On 3-12-2011 23:01, Simon Schaufelberger (Schaufi) wrote:
> config.linkVars = tx_community|user
> is this broken again or has this never worked?

Looking at the code in TSpagegen::pagegenInit() and going back in time
to 2005 I'm pretty sure I can say that this has "never" worked. It only
works for non-array query parameters.

linkVars is only useful for a limited set of query parameters as they
will be added to each and every link (generated by the TYPO3 core) on
the page. This thread started with a language menu and there the
linkVars solution is just not right IMO.

In case of a language menu you can use .addQueryString to keep the query
parameters of the current URL (see typolink for the configuration of
addQueryString) in the links of the language menu.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.