[TYPO3-english] jmRecaptcha always returns an error

Lamb, Brian blamb at jcvi.org
Sat Dec 3 17:14:34 CET 2011

Hi all,

With the most recent upgrade of typo3, I've upgraded all of my extensions. In doing so, I had to rebuild my contact form with formhandler. I'm having a problem with the jmRecaptcha piece however. It seems to return an error with every single submission, even if the text is correct.

I've tried other captcha extensions and they seem to work fine but they seem a little simplistic so I'd prefer to use jmRecaptcha if possible.

Here is the relevant configuration:

TYPOSCRIPT

# enter fieldnames of the captcha fields and activate usage of recaptcha
plugin.tx_jmrecaptcha {
 public_key = my_public_key
 private_key =  my_private_key
}

plugin.Tx_Formhandler.settings {
  debug = 1
  templateFile = fileadmin/template/main/html_forms/contact_us.html
  langFile = fileadmin/template/main/scripts/ts/contact_us.xml
  formValuesPrefix = formhandler
  finishers {
    1 {
      class = Tx_Formhandler_Finisher_Mail
    }
    2 {
      class = Tx_Formhandler_Finisher_SubmittedOK
      config.returns = 1
    }
  }

  validators.1.class = Validator_Default
  validators.1.disabled = 0
  validators.1.config.fieldConf {
    recaptcha_response_field.errorCheck.1 = jmRecaptcha
  }

  addErrorAnchors = 1
  singleErrorTemplate {
    totalWrap = |
    singleWrap = <span style="color:red">|</span>
  }
  errorListTemplate {
    singleWrap = <li>|</li>
  }
}

HTML Template

  ###RECAPTCHA###

Is something set up incorrectly? Why does it always return false?