[TYPO3-english] images content element -> enlarge image with different colour background to thumbnail?

Mark Roemermann mark at nasaustralia.com.au
Fri Dec 2 05:41:33 CET 2011

Hi list, Does anyone know of a way to tweak the default image content
element with typoscript or gifbuilder so that the thumbnails it
generates in the front-end have one background colour, but when click
enlarged they have another?  Some sort of gif/png combining?

As an example I have some product photos that have a white background,
and I would like to see the white background when it is displayed
enlarged in a lightbox, however, I would like the thumbnail on the page
to have a dark purple background, as it is a dark themed design.

I suppose I could create transparent PNGs and use css to style the
background of the image ce and the lightbox ce differently, but I
wondered if there was a way to process it with typoscript and imagemagick?

Thanks for any hints.