[TYPO3-english] Help urgent deny plugin tt_news for BE user group

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Fri Dec 2 00:33:05 CET 2011

Hi David,

David Denicolò | InteRa wrote:

> I have two BE usergroups, correctly one can insert plugin news, the
> other no (explicit deny of content plugin news). But if the first
> creates the plugin in a page, then the other can edit all fields of the
> plugin. My needs are to prevent the second group to edit all the fields
> of the plugin news.

Yes, switch to default deny.

If you just disallow the creation of a new plugin, you can still edit it.
This is because those fields are not database fields, but flexform fields.

The good new is, that you can hide them at least (I am not sure if this
prevents the user to edit those by sending special request to the server,
but most users don't know how to do this).

This article explains it:
http://buzz.typo3.org/people/soeren-malling/article/personal-flexforms-and-
the-need-for-typoscript/

Best regards