[TYPO3-english] add style="background-image(); " with IMG_RESOURCE + LOAD_REGISTER?

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 01:10:53 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Stephan Schuler
<Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de> wrote:
> Hi Mark.
>

> I haven't tried it but it should go kind of this way:
>

> 10 = TEMPLATE
> 10 {
>  template = COA
>  template {
>    10 = TEXT
>    10.value = ##TITLE###
>    20 = TEXT
>    20.value = ###SUBTITLE###
>    20.wrap = <span>|</span>
>    wrap = <h1 ###BACKGROUND_STYLE###>|</h1>
>  }
>  marks {
>    TITLE = TEXT
>    TITLE.data = page:title
>    SUBTITLE = TEXT
>    SUBTITLE.data = page:subtitle
>    BACKGROUND_STYLE = COA
>    BACKGROUND_STYLE {
>      10 = IMG_RESOURCE
>      10.file {
>        import.data = page:media
>        import = uploads/media/
>        import.listNum = 0
>      }
>      wrap = style="background: url(|) no-repeat;"
>      ## put some "if" here to make ###BACKGROUND_STYLE### being an empty string if no background image is available if you wish
>    }
>  }
> }
>
> That's not completely nice, too, but it keeps paired HTML tags together and avoids registers.
> I usually create much more HTML around such a structure. Using a single wrap for a single pair of HTML tags enforces a well formed HTML output even on deeper nesting. You can replace this COA with several lines and wraps in it by a single TEXT element if it's as little HTML as here, of course.

As a general approach, this gets my vote :)

I had some reason for not using TEMPLATE when I dreamt up the TS
sample I referred to, but I no longer remember it, so it probably was
not a *good* reason. This has all of the advantages, but not the
complexity.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/