[TYPO3-english] Translation Handling in TYPO3 4.5 with sr_language Menu and realurl or cooluri

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:22:27 CEST 2011

Hi!

Andreas Becker wrote:
> The site is running with 10 different languages and we tested it with
> realurl, cooluri and without but same effect:
>
>     1. The URL shows the right URL with the&L=xx parameter
>     http://domain.tld/jp/%E3%82%A4%E3%83%99%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88/
>     It actually displays the japanese characters in Cooluri:-)

For RealURL you need to activate a special option to show asian characters.
This is due to performance reasons: it is unnecessary slowdown for western
to use the same handling as for asian characters. Have a look at the manual.

Regarding "%" thngie – this is how it should look like according to URl
specifications.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member