[TYPO3-english] Translation Handling in TYPO3 4.5 with sr_language Menu and realurl or cooluri

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Tue Aug 30 05:10:50 CEST 2011

Hi

We are having problems to get translations of pagecontent showing up again
since the update to 4.5.5

The site is running with 10 different languages and we tested it with
realurl, cooluri and without but same effect:

   1. The URL shows the right URL with the &L=xx parameter
   http://domain.tld/jp/%E3%82%A4%E3%83%99%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88/
   It actually displays the japanese characters in Cooluri :-)
   2. The menu gets translated in the first 5 Languages but than no more for
   the reset 5
   3. In the backend all Languages show up correct in their translations and
   also no UTF8 problems.
   4. In Frontend only the pagetitles (Menu) and the headers
   (jf_multicontent) show up correct in their translations in all languages
   with UID 0 - 4. But not in those with UID 5 - 9!
   5. All Content Element Bodies don't get translated at all! - they stay in
   default (english)

------
Here our TS-Setup:

config.linkVars = L
config.uniqueLinkVars = 1
config.sys_language_overlay = content_fallback
config.language = en
config.locale_all = en_GB.utf8
config.htmlTag_langKey = en-GB.utf8
config.sys_language_uid = 0
[browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:v=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” xml:lang="en"

[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.language = th
config.locale_all = th_TH.utf8
config.htmlTag_langKey = th-TH.utf8
config.sys_language_uid = 1
[globalVar = GP:L = 1] && [browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:v=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” xml:lang="th"

[globalVar = GP:L = 2]
config.language = se
config.locale_all = sv_SE.utf8
config.htmlTag_langKey = sv-SE.utf8
config.sys_language_uid = 2
[globalVar = GP:L = 2] && [browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:v=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” xml:lang="se"

[globalVar = GP:L = 3]
config.language = dk
config.locale_all = da_DK.utf8
config.htmlTag_langKey = da-DK.utf8
config.sys_language_uid = 3
[globalVar = GP:L = 3] && [browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:v=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” xml:lang="dk"

[globalVar = GP:L = 4]
config.language = fi
config.locale_all = fi_FI.utf8
config.htmlTag_langKey = fi-FI.utf8
config.sys_language_uid = 4
[globalVar = GP:L = 4] && [browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:v=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” xml:lang="fi"

[globalVar = GP:L = 5]
config.language = no
config.locale_all = nn_NO.utf8
config.htmlTag_langKey = nn-NO.utf8
config.sys_language_uid = 5
[globalVar = GP:L = 5] && [browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:v=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” xml:lang="no"

[globalVar = GP:L = 6]
config.language = fr
config.locale_all = fr_FR.utf8
config.htmlTag_langKey = fr-FR.utf8
config.sys_language_uid = 6
[globalVar = GP:L = 6] && [browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:v=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” xml:lang="fr"

[globalVar = GP:L = 7]
config.language = de
config.locale_all = de_DE.utf8
config.htmlTag_langKey = de-DE.utf8
config.sys_language_uid = 7
[globalVar = GP:L = 7] && [browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:v=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” xml:lang="de"

[globalVar = GP:L = 8]
config.language = jp
config.locale_all = ja_JP.utf8
config.htmlTag_langKey = ja-JP.utf8
config.sys_language_uid = 8
[globalVar = GP:L = 8] && [browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:v=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” xml:lang="jp"

[globalVar = GP:L = 9]
config.language = ru
config.locale_all = ru_RU.utf8
config.htmlTag_langKey = ru-RU.utf8
config.sys_language_uid = 9
[globalVar = GP:L = 9] && [browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:v=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” xml:lang="ru"

[global]

LanguageMenu < temp.languageSelect

---------

We checked already all Languages in the Global Root Folder
The ID is the same like in the TS setup

On the server are the following locals available:

root at srv:/# locale -a
> da_DK.utf8
> de_AT.utf8
> de_BE.utf8
> de_CH.utf8
> de_DE.utf8
> de_LI.utf8
> de_LU.utf8
> en_AU.utf8
> en_CA.utf8
> en_GB.utf8
> en_US.utf8
> es_ES.utf8
> fi_FI.utf8
> fr_FR.utf8
> it_IT.utf8
> ja_JP.utf8
> nl_NL.utf8
> nn_NO.utf8
> POSIX
> ru_RU.utf8
> sv_SE.utf8
> th_TH.utf8
> zh_CN.utf8
> zh_HK.utf8

we checked if the locals are in spelling the same like in TS-Setup what is
the case.

The sr_language_menu is used as a content element with FLAG settings.
Everything worked fine before.

We noticed that the Norwegian Language no longer is NO but now "nn_NO" while
in TYPO3 it seems to be still "no" !

so we deactivated Norwegian but nothing changed.

We changed the danish language to be German in the global Rootfolder and in
TSsetup
The flag changes to German (sr_language Menu is working fine here) but
language stays to be danish

We cleared all cache and afterwards tested again.
Now the URL shows on the rootpage the following:

> http://domain.tld/index.php?id=61&L=4&tx_felogin_pi1%5Bforgot%5D=1&tx_wecconnector%5Bsingle%5D=132%2F

No idea why there is now &tx_felogin etc., the wec connector is not even
installed on this page! but installed on another subpage. It is NOT included
in "include static" on the root page so we don't know why it shows up at
all.

We cleared chache in db and the typo3temp folder and the .temp files in
typo3conf.
In installtool we did a database compare until "OK"
and cleaned up the DB
we cleared the browser cache

No changes after the fifth language it breaks and shows even in sr_language
Menu only the default English in the language Menu.

When we change the L=3 id=3 to appear as L=7 and id=7 the URL still shows
&L=3 we deactivated the other &L=7 in TSsetup

The Charset Report in Reports shows everything seems to be OK but actually
it isn't:

Report: MySQL character sets and collations
> Shows a list of MySQL settings, which are used for the connection between
> TYPO3 and MySQL.
> MySQL general information
> Version
> 5.1.49-3
> MySQL Character Sets
> character_set_client
> utf8
> character_set_connection
> utf8
> character_set_database
> utf8
> character_set_filesystem
> binary
> character_set_results
> utf8
> character_set_server
> utf8
> character_set_system
> utf8
> character_sets_dir
> /usr/share/mysql/charsets/
> MySQL Collation
> collation_connection
> utf8_general_ci
> collation_database
> utf8_general_ci
> collation_server
> utf8_general_ci

----------

1012989620270Thai121th
2012989620460Swedish115se
3013146702840Danish28dk
4012989618400Finnish36fi
5013146672350Norwegian86no
6012989618630French37fr
7012989618860German43de
8012989619080Japanese60jp
9012989619610Russian97ru

--------

 In The database we truncate the cache_ and index_ tables and optimized all
others.

We deinstalled extensions and checked so those paths behind &L=xx disappear
again. but the languages still not switch in all languages and all the
content elements and in Languages with ID 5 and higher the menu even not
switches to the new language but on id 0 - 4 it switches.

The site is done with the Framework for TemplaVoila and we checked the
language settings also here:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
> <T3DataStructure>
> <langDisable>1</langDisable>
> <disableDataPreview>1</disableDataPreview>
> <ROOT type="array">

Language Settings with cooluri Testing were:

>  <part>
>       <parameter>paramB</parameter>
>       <lookindb>
>         <to>SELECT title FROM sometable WHERE uid=$1</to>
>         <sanitize>1</sanitize>
>       </lookindb>
>     </part>
>   </uriparts>
>   <valuemaps>
>     <valuemap>
>       <parameter>L</parameter>
>       <!-- L is empty of 0, result is empty -->
>         <value key="">0</value>
>       <!-- L is 1, result is "th" -->
>       <value key="th">1</value>
> <value key="sv">2</value>
> <value key="dk">3</value>
> <value key="fi">4</value>
> <value key="no">5</value>
> <value key="fr">6</value>
> <value key="de">7</value>
> <value key="jp">8</value>
> <value key="ru">9</value>
>     </valuemap>
>   </valuemaps>

Any help and idea is appreciated as the site was working perfect until the
update to 4.5.5 and updating all extensions to its latest versions.

Thanks a lot

Andi