[TYPO3-english] T3 4.5.5, TemplaVoila 1.5, Localisation Flags in Web Module

Den Denyer denyerec at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:24:30 CEST 2011

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:43:32 +0100, Denyerec <denyerec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> Having a spot of bother with the language flags in my page module with
> TYPO3 4.5.5, TemplaVoila 1.5
>
> All the flags in the "Localisation" panel above the page I'm editing
> show as old fashioned looking [?] icons (unknown.gif) instead of the
> flag sprites.

First, the embarrassing truth:
Resolved by upgrading to TemplaVoila 1.5.5...

Second, the excuse for why this didn't get done earlier :)
Site had been migrated to a new server, one that didn't have cURL. However
"useCurl" was enabled in the install tool. When requesting a new extension
list to check for updates it failed silently, and therefore reported that
all extensions were up to date. Checking the apache error log highlighted
the cUrl error, installing cUrl fixed it, re-running the extension list
fetch and upgrading TV solved the issue.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to write out "I am the PEBCAK" 5000 times
in Comic Sans...

Kind regards,
Denyer