[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 and storing documents - I wasn't clear -sorry

Colin & Maureen Pridham cmbigsnow at bigpond.com
Wed Aug 17 09:43:51 CEST 2011

Thank you. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: typo3-english-bounces at lists.typo3.org
[mailto:typo3-english-bounces at lists.typo3.org] On Behalf Of Xavier
Perseguers
Sent: Wednesday, 17 August 2011 4:58 PM
To: typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
Subject: Re: [TYPO3-english] TYPO3 and storing documents - I wasn't clear
-sorry

Hi Colin,

>    I actually didn't explain myself correctly.
>
> I actually meant that external web site users who access my site.
> How do I let external users safely access a whole folder of files without
> any security risk to my site  ?

What is the security risk of hosting documents and letting them being
downloaded?

As explained by Steffen, put them in some directory and (for example)
use a file list plugin to render a list of files to be downloaded.

If you want to make sure only authorized persons are downloading your
files (after authentication for instance), you may have a look at
naw_secure_dl (again, just an example).

If you really need more than this, well, there are solutions as well but
I don't want to talk about them unless you show that you need that :)

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6