[TYPO3-english] IE users can't download mm_forum attachements

Stefanos Karasavvidis sk at isc.tuc.gr
Thu Aug 11 15:27:26 CEST 2011

On 08/11/2011 02:45 PM, Björn Pedersen wrote:
> Am 11.08.2011 13:05, schrieb Stefanos Karasavvidis:
>> I get lately reports from IE users that they can't download attachments
>> of mm_forum posts. I've confirmed it for IE 7 and 8. IE 9 works with no
>> problems, as do firefox, chrome and other browsers.
>>
>> The error message displayed when clicking on the file link is something
>> like "Internet Explorer cannot download news.html from aaaa.bbbb.com.
>> ... the requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found".
>>
>> Example message
>> https://www.tuc.gr/news.html?&tx_mmforum_pi1%5Baction%5D=list_post&tx_mmforum_pi1%5Btid%5D=5404
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced similar problems?
>>
>> Stefanos
> Hi,
>
> This is a well-known problem of IE and https:
> See https://review.typo3.org/#change,4193
> and http://forge.typo3.org/issues/24125 for the TYPO3-side and
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323308/en-us for the microsoft part.
>
> Björn

Björn, thank you for the links. As I understand, all these issues are
very old. But the complaints from my users started just a few days ago,
and I have this system running under https for over 1 year.

I've taken a very quick look on the provided links. But as I see, forge
issue 24125 affects IE users only when a BE user is logged in. Tis is
not the case for my users. And as I said, IE 9 users are not affected.

I'll study those links and will post here if I get any further insights.

Stefanos