[TYPO3-english] realurl and the same titlies of news

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 08:51:41 CEST 2011

Hi!

Tomasz Krawczyk wrote:
> I have a site with the tt_news. Every day editors add new tt_news
> entries with the same title. I added
>
> plugin.tt_news {
> useHRDates = 1
> useHRDatesSingle = 1
> }
>
> to make urls unique but I get such urls:
>
> www.mydomain.com/page/2011/07/28/dear-diary/
> www.mydomain.com/page/2011/07/30/dear-diary-1/
> (...)
> www.mydomain.com/page/2011/08/05/dear-diary-14/
>
> Is it possible to force realurl to do not add numbers to news titles?

Think about it. You have different news items with the same title. How
would realurl know what news item do you mean by "dear-deary"? Is it news
from 28.07 or news from 30.07? Unique aliases is... well... unique :) You
can't have the same alias for different news items because this would
violate uniqueness. The only thing you can do is CONCAT(uid, '-', title)
for alias. This would produce something like 123-dear-diary and
124-dear-diary. This is your only way.

And no, RealURL cannot use other segment to decode alias segment to
different things because you may have several identically named entries on
one day.

Sorry :)

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov