[TYPO3-english] Localize name of month & days in tt_news

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 10 20:35:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 10-8-2011 19:52, Dodi Iriyanto wrote:
> I just build multilanguage site using TYPO3 4.3.

As you can see on the overview of TYPO3 version [1] version 4.3 is
already deprecated and will become obsolete next October when 4.6 is
released.
For a new site it's best to use TYPO3 4.5.

> Everything is work except
> for month&  days, i use strftime to format the date. Unfortunately, the name
> of month&  days wont change to current language ie: French language. Has
> someone has an idea?

In your Typoscript configuration for the various languages you have set
the locale_all for each language. For example (the various numbers may
differ depending on your specific configuration):

[globalVar = GP:L=1]
config {
   sys_language_uid = 1
   language = fr
   locale_all = fr_FR
}
[global]

Whatever you set for locale_all must be the exact name of a locale which
is installed on your server. Check which locales are available on your
server and which is the exact name of the French locale you want to use.
If there is no French locale installed your sysadmin (maybe you :-) )
needs to install it.

[1] http://typo3.org/download/packages/

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,