[TYPO3-english] Different classes per item on menu

Ernesto Domato edomat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:52:15 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm using the 960 grid system CSS framework (http://960.gs) for
content positioning. So, how can I add different classes to every item
on a menu?.

What I need is to create an structure like this:

<ul>
<li class="grid_4">Item 1</li>
<li class="grid_5">Item 2</li>
<li class="grid_6">Item 3</li>
<li class="grid_4">Item 4</li>
<li class="grid_2">Item 5</li>
</ul>

It comes from the first level structure pages on T3. The best solution
would be to create a variable on TSConfig like menu_item.position =
"grid_6" for each page and use it on every item, but as I'm new on T3
and TS I don't know if that is possible. This solution would be great
because I'm importing pages from other system to T3.

Any suggestion?.

Thanks for all.
Ernesto