[TYPO3-english] database problems

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Aug 9 18:58:35 CEST 2011

Hi,

The situation at the moment with some big databases following - I use the cache_hash table as example.

The install tool tells me to create the cache tables, like:
CREATE TABLE cache_hash ( id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, hash varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', content mediumblob, tstamp int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', ident varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (id), KEY hash (hash) ) ENGINE=InnoDB;

hitting the update button doesn't do anything, the list is still there.

If I give this query in phpmyadmin, I get: #1050 - Table 'cache_hash' already exists

In phpmyadmin I can't see the cache tables.

And to remind where this all started: I changed the databases to use MyISAM for a moment and now I try to change the the default setup back (cache tables to InnoDB).
All the smaller sites are ok and the install tool gave
ALTER TABLE cache_hash ENGINE=InnoDB;
Current value: ENGINE=MyISAM

And update did the job, the tables were changed back to InnoDB.

But now my problems continue with these big sites/databases.

Any suggestion what I might try? This is tricky since I can't take backup, the error is:
mysqldump: Got error: 1146: Table 'mytable.cache_hash' doesn't existsing LOCK TABLES
--
With kind regards

Katja Lampela
*Lieska-tuotanto*