[TYPO3-english] set

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sun Aug 7 11:12:01 CEST 2011

Hi Andi,

with 4.5 the default internal character set in TYPO3 ist UTF8 (see
release notes ;).

Please inspect your Tables with e.g. PHPMyadmin:

1. see if they are in latin1
2.  - if 1 yes and phpmyadmin shows correct umlauts
        -> problem (tables need to be converted to utf8)
    - if 1 yes and table shows utf8 placeholderchars ok (repair your
        tables -> see ml archives)
    - if 1 = utf8 and correct umlauts perfect
    - if 1 = other -> set your charset properly ...

Hope that helps.

Regards
Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!