[TYPO3-english] Typoscript conditions, caching and performance

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Fri Aug 5 10:48:31 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Lately I was thinking about typoscript conditions, caching and
performance and hopefully some of you can shine a light on this.

Typoscript conditions are powerful in usage. But you read at different
places that it can have an impact on caching and performance (sadly I
can't find a link to sources).
What I recall is that both sides of the condition (if/else) are cached.
Using too many condition inflates your cache and thus can influence
performace.

Is this correct? In some project I use conditions quite a lot and I'll
have to rethink this it were true.

Cheers! Rik