[TYPO3-english] How to make a site map block with different pages than used on the menu?

Ernesto Domato edomat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 17:28:29 CEST 2011

Hi everyone. I'm new to Typo3 and I would like to know if I'm correct with this.

I have a several levels tree page structure. I created a menu with the
first two levels with some pages from the first level hidden on the
menu so they don't appears on it. Now I have to create a site map
block with all the links that appears on the menu plus the hidden ones
but I also need to hide some that appears on the menu.

For the menu, I simply had toggled the hide in menus checkbox for the
pages I don't want to appear on it. Then, on the site map block I'm
using the "includeNotInMenu" property of the HMENU cObject so the
hidden pages appears.

So, to mark those pages that I don't want to appear on the site map
block, should I parse the menu through a user function that checks for
certain key created on the DB for this new case?, and if the answer if
yes, could you point me to the place were I can read about this?.

Thanks for all.
Ernesto