[TYPO3-english] database problems

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Thu Aug 4 10:00:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've been struggling now with innoDB's configuration on a virtual hosting server.

Now the innoDB was configured poorly and the ibdata1 file raised up to enourmous size.

For solution I installed to TYPO3installations the extension ggforcemyisam that forces MyISAM tables in TYPO3 installation.
here is the main class:
-------------
class ux_t3lib_install extends t3lib_install {

	/**
	 * Overwrite a set 'InnoDB' value with 'MyISAM'
	 * Parent method does the actual work
	 *
	 * @see t3lib_install::getFieldDefinitions_fileContent
	 * @param string $fileContent
	 * @return array
	 */
	public function getFieldDefinitions_fileContent($fileContent) {
		$result = parent::getFieldDefinitions_fileContent($fileContent);
		foreach ($result as &$table) {
			$table['extra']['ENGINE'] = 'MyISAM';
		}
		return $result;
	}
}
------------

Now after innodb optimization (so that evry db uses its own innodb files) I would like to change back to default TYPO3 database configuration and I uninstalled the ggforcemyisam.

Now my install tool informs that some tables should be created, for example:

CREATE TABLE cache_hash ( id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, hash varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', content mediumblob, tstamp int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', ident varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (id), KEY hash (hash) ) ENGINE=InnoDB;

But even I hit the update button the tables don't get created.

Now when I go to phpMyAdmin I get error:

SELECT COUNT( * ) AS num
FROM `taito`.`cache_hash`

#1033 - Incorrect information in file: './taito/cache_hash.frm'

So any idea, what should I do now? If you think this is a bigger issue and fixing it needs some financing, please contact me by email.

--
With kind regards

Katja Lampela
*Lieska-tuotanto*