[TYPO3-english] Localization EXT: Trados + multi-tree

Tomas Mrozek mail at cascaval.com
Fri Apr 29 11:14:53 CEST 2011

I'm looking for an extension that would be able to export/import content
in XML format suitable for translation in Trados.

I've found 2 extensions (t3_locmanager and apparently newer l10nmgr)
that export the content fine. However, here comes the catch: they seem
to support single-tree (one page tree for all the languages) approach
only while the website I'm working on uses multi-tree approach (a page
tree for each language).

Basically, we have English pages, a *selection* of which will be copied
to a separate tree. This tree then needs to be translated. What it means
is, that the extension must export the content and then import the
translated version while actually *updating* the content in the tree
instead of creating new localized content. The 2 mentioned extensions
doesn't seem to handle such an approach.

QUESTION: Does anybody have a tip for an extension that could handle it
or some workaround how to achieve what I need?

Tomas Mrozek