[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.5.x, tt_news, generic marker, cache problem

Tobias Pinnekamp typo3 at tpinne.de
Fri Apr 29 10:35:57 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I have a really annoying problem which cost me hours to debug with no
useful solution.

Running components:
- TYPO3 4.5.2
- tt_news 3.0.1

I want to display a list of news records on a page. Works perfectly as
usual. Now i want to use a generic marker.

plugin.tt_news {
	genericmarkers {
		presscontact = TEXT
		presscontact {
			value = TestMarker
		}
	}
}

This works fine too. I even can access other fields of the rendered
record. But if I get to my needed code the problem occurs. I want to
render another type of record. In my case a tt_address record. For this
I use the RECORDS cObject.

plugin.tt_news {
	genericmarkers {
		presscontact = RECORDS
		presscontact {
			source = 3
			tables = tt_address

			conf.tt_address = COA
			conf.tt_address {
			 	10 = TEXT
			 	10.field = last_name
			}
		}
	}
}

But from that moment with a RECORDS or CONTENT cObject the list
disappears. I debugged the complete rendering process and anywhere the
content is rendered fine and stored in variables and passed through the
functions. Even the HTML which tt_news main method return is correct.

If I change the tt_news plugin to a non cached version

plugin.tt_news = USER_INT

the list is shown.

I tried to change to the new caching framework without any success.

I hope you guys have a solution in mind.

Best regads
Tobias