[TYPO3-english] Split submenu TS challenge

Paul Vetch paul.vetch at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 12:51:30 CEST 2011

Hi Bjorn,

I've never seen that done in a second level menu though.  There are numerous
examples of splitting up a menu using two completely different TMENU objects
(for example splitting a menu into two columns) but this is a submenu, and
must appear nested in the middle of the first level TMENU object.

It seems to me like maybe a CASE cObject would be neat here but I can't see
what I would 'key' off, because I need to detect presence or absence of the
image (or the abstract) field, not a specific value -- and then vary the
behaviour of the TMENU stdWrap.cObject accordingly.  I can't see how to do
that.

If I override stdWrap.cObject I can create two different objects with
different tests (stdWrap.cObject.10.if.isTrue.field = abstract,
stdWrap.cObject.20.if.isFalse.field = abstract) but then I can only
approximate grouping with something like
alternativeSortingField=abstract,sorting ASC ... that seems ugly, and
doesn't allow for the markup I want to produce.

If I use 'allStdWrap.if.isTrue.field = abstract' or something within the NO,
then great, I can isolate all of the abstract/image containing menu items
and format them how I want.  But then how to get the rest of the menu items
and output them afterwards?  (I think somehow this may be the answer)

Paul

"Björn Pedersen"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1303884254.31242.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...

Am 26.04.2011 23:16, schrieb Sergey Alexandrov:
> This will not sort pages out as Paul wanted tho

Why not? Just use a condition to first only output pages with image and
in  a second menu pages without.

Björn