[TYPO3-english] problem with External Data Import ext

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Apr 26 12:25:11 CEST 2011

Hi,

> With serverTimeZone = 1 you set your timezone to GMT+1. A Unix timestamp
> has no timezone support (that's was an issue with the Fluid date
> viewhelper at the beginning btw). With GMT+1, the timestamp you put in
> the DB should take this into account and be modified accordingly. Just
> add/subtract the serverTimeZone number of hours before storing and TYPO3
> should be happy and show you the "correct" date/hour.

Following up on Xavier's remark, I toyed a bit with this offset inside
the transformation method of external_import and it works fine by adding
the offset inside the method, since it is later subtracted by TCEmain.

I have created an issue with the relevant patch:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/26292

If you don't mind I would prefer to apply it only to the future version
2.0.0, as I would like to make as little changes as possible to the 1.x
branch, but if you consider this to be critical I may be swayed :-)

Cheers

--

Francois Suter