[TYPO3-english] update from typo-4.2 to typo3-4.4

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Thu Apr 21 17:56:27 CEST 2011

Hi Ilaria,

Ilaria De Marinis wrote:

> Dear all,
> I'm updating my website.
>
> I have a question: shall I have to use also the version 4.4 of dummy?
> The style of my website and the style of the text and news plugin is not
> ok; I read that the new css are compressed, but I don't use
> [BE][compressionLevel], is there something that I have to fix?
>
> Please help me
> Thank you very much in advance
> Ilaria

You can update the source only, meaning the folders t3lib/ and typo3/. You
don't need a new dummy.

The compression is for Backend only and actually it is more a merge to have
less files.
You don't need [BE][compressionLevel].

You will need to run all upgrade wizards in install tool. Additionally you
might want to use the static template from 4.2 instead of the up-to-date
version.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe