[TYPO3-english] Language Selection and Menu on Typo3_452

Tobias Dörner hermes1 at web.de
Tue Apr 19 17:28:43 CEST 2011

Hi List,
nice weather outside these days. But not here at my Typo3 project.
For one week now I try to setup a FE language menu. But it doesn’t work. So
I guess it could be a bug or there are some other things I don’t know.

I selected standard language German in the backend and in my TS Config the
L=0 Parameter is German. [globalVar = GP:L = 1] is English.
I also chose English in sr_language_menu. In the database i compared the uid
= 1. It is correct too.
I tried to setup the language menu with an external php script and as a
TMENU with TS. But it doesn’t matter which one I try. Both methods don’t
work.
When I translate a site header in the backend page tree  for English
language it appears for German too in the frontend. Means when I call the
starting page “home” in German and “homepage” in English, homepage appears
in German language selection too but in the backend I can see both variants.
Also when I open the root page in the fronted English (sys_language_uid = 1)
is the first language and not the uid 0 (German). But translated content
stays in German.

Does anybody know something about this curious behavior?

Best Regards