[TYPO3-english] TScript Condition NOT operator?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 15 10:46:49 CEST 2011

Hi,

>> Is it realy the solution? I was told "personnal" changes done in this
>> file
>> are deleted/crashed by any update done by Typo3 itself. Is that right?

Indeed this is not very wise. If you look at the typo3conf/localconf.php
file you will notice a PHP comment which reads:

## INSTALL SCRIPT EDIT POINT TOKEN - all lines after this points may be
changed by the install script!

So you could put the function before that point, but it's also not
recommended.

> I actually don't know what's best-practice to include your userfunc
> functions. I couldn't find any official documentation on that either.
> I would be glad if someone could enlighten me though :)

You're right that there are no real examples in the documentation,
although we strive hard to have more. The best way is to create a small
extension and use that to load your user function. You may take a look
at the "examples" extension to get you started. It is work in progress,
but it is really an extension which is all about customizing your TYPO3
installation.

HTH

--

Francois Suter